As we prepare for upcoming wedding celebrations in the 2nd half of 2020, I wanted to share the precautions In His Image Photography is taking for weddings and events in light of COVID-19.
COVID-19 Wedding Photography Precautions
Below are steps we are taking for the safety of our wedding clients, wedding guests and our staff:
- The photographer(s) will wear masks at all times (save for eating).
- We ask that the wedding party and guests also wear masks until the ceremony.
- We’re asking clients to reduce the number of people in the room during getting ready photos.
- Every opportunity to work outside will be taken advantage of (groom portraits, wedding party portraits, family portraits, etc).
- We recommend post-ceremony formals contain smaller groups, but we yield to the client’s desire here. The photographer will naturally be socially distant (no change from our standing operation).
- The photographer(s) will be socially distant during the wedding reception. In situations where social distancing isn’t possible (crowded cocktail hours, dancing, etc) the photographer(s) will photograph from a distance with longer lenses.
- We will not participate in wedding guest blown bubbles (ie. an entrance or exit).
Updated 8/13/20: In His Image Photography is not signing waivers requested by any client, venue or other organization.
These precautionary wedding steps will be modified as warranted as we resume wedding activity.
Note: I am NOT asking my couples to wear a mask during their wedding portraits! But they can be props to mark the times.
- Booth equipment will be cleaned & disinfected before & after each event.
- Booth operators will wear masks during the setup and takedown.
- Due to COVID-19, we are no longer providing sharable props from the studio. Although clients have previously also purchased their own props, we do not recommend the sharing of props for your celebration. Single-use props are recommended.
- The maximum number of guests being photographed each time will be determined by the location of the booth setup and the surroundings.
- We ask that volume of guests waiting for the photobooth be reduced / managed.
Updated 8/12/20: To reduce exposure and headcount during the event, the photo booth attendant will only be available during setup and breakdown. Guests are will operate the photobooth via the provide kiosk.
These steps are our due diligence and respect for our amazing couples. None of this should take away from the love + laughs you’ll experience on your wedding day. Your wedding day experience is just as important to us as the beautiful wedding images we are planning to create for you.
If you have any questions about our plans or anything else you’d like to discuss, give us a call. We are happy to talk with you about it!